STRATEGIC MEETING FACILITATION
Meeting facilitation is an art…with a healthy dose of science.
For the past 20 years, Alicia Bremer has facilitated hundreds of meetings for
her clients and the boards on which she has served. The scope of her experience
ranges from leading brainstorming sessions in preparation for writing strategic
communications plans, to facilitating conflict resolution and issues management
meetings, and leading task force meetings and training workshops.
Some examples of her experience include facilitating a day-long task force
session comprised of government, NGO and private sector participants dealing
with wildfire and environmental issues in Las Vegas, NV; a two-day session of
National Forest Service public information officers from the Four Corners
Region at a retreat in Pinetop, AZ; a day-long branding and visioning session
for corporate senior executives and invited board members; multi-day,
communications-related planning sessions for a law firm and their client;
multi-session crisis management meetings for a non-profit board facing
litigation; and numerous focus group sessions for companies wishing to
understand and resolve employee and senior management dissatisfaction.
Bremer believes that the keys to successful meeting facilitation include:
• planning for the session in close collaboration with the client;
• developing an effective, purpose-driven agenda;
• leading meeting sessions with focus, engagement and compassion;
• understanding group dynamics and conflict resolution;
• incorporating active listening and playing back important points, and
• evolving the meeting to consensus and shared deliverables.
An objective, experienced meeting facilitator can ensure productive and
goal-driven outcomes for your next executive meeting, retreat or task-force